9/6/08

Moving right along......

So I have finally left Wanaka...and I miss it already! But the last week has been relatively sweet. We had three bad weather days but the rest were bluebird! Unfortunately my birthday was one of the bad days so I didn't even ski on it! It was kind of a bummer but we made the best of it. Sean, Randy and I took a drive around the lake and found a sweet spot to make the car all sorts of chalky then we had an epic hackey-sack session. Then it was party on!!! We rocked the bar right next to the hotel we were staying at. It was a hilarious night and a good b-day overall. The rest of the week is honestly kind of a blur. Everyday except the other bad weather days we fun days shralping snowpark to pieces. I had some fun trying to learn new tricks but keep it safe and controlled! I need a pair of jib skis because my hips and legs got sick of pulling all the weight of a powder ski around. But I was still killing the jib line on fatties! Sorry but I have a random tangent....skiing is the fucking best thing ever! All I want to do is go skiing....ahhhhhhh! One thing I realized while hanging out with Tanner is...he is the best skier in the world because he loves it the most!!! That guy loves to ski and has so much fun going out there and gettin some and that's why he is on top.......Anyway I am now driving up the west coast and loving the scenery but kinda bugging out that I am not skiing! But I am taking some epic photos so I am getting work done! This is truly a beautiful country! On the drive to the coast I felt like I was back in Humboldt, with the ferns and ocean flora becoming more and more prevalent. I went to the Fox glacier at sunset and it kinda tripped me out because I was the only person up there and I was looking at the end of an amazing legacy that has been evolving for hundreds of centuries! But now its receding much quicker...what have humans done to this world??? So I have two full days left in NZ and I'm going to try and make the most out of them...by that I mean I am trying to get back to some snow and get some more skiing in! So fuck yea...I'll be back in Cali on September 9th so hit me up after that! Go get some......

No comments: